The inventory section allows you to manage stock for the product individually and define whether to allow back orders and more. It enables you to sell products and allow customers to add them to the cart to buy.
Enable Stock Management must be selected in Products Inventory Settings; otherwise, only the ‘Stock status’ option is visible in the Product Data Inventory box.
Options when stock management at product level is disabled. You are responsible for updating the Stock Status.
Options when stock management at product level is enabled.
- Enter the Stock Quantity, and WooCommerce auto-manages inventory and auto-updates Stock Status as Stock, Out of Stock or On Backorder.
- Select whether to Allow Backorders.
- Low stock threshold – Enter a number upon which you are notified.
- Tick the Sold Individually box to limit the product to one per order.
Inventory Management at the Variable Level
Inventory for variable products can be managed on product and variation level.
Сhoose how to manage stock by toggling Enable stock management at product level on the Inventory tab:
The following settings are available if you choose to manage stock on a product level:
- SKU – If you use SKUs, set the SKU or leave blank to use the product’s SKU.
- Manage Stock? – Tick the box to manage stock at the variation level.
- Stock Quantity – Shows if Manage Stock is selected. Input the quantity. Stock for the specific variation, or left blank to use the product’s stock settings.
- Allow Backorders – Choose how to handle backorders.
- Low stock threshold – Enter a number to be notified.
- Sold Individually? – Allow only one to be sold in one order. (This setting is used for the product itself. You cannot set a specific variation to only be sold once per order.)
Choosing to manage stock for variations individually allows you to edit the same properties for each variation.
Set Stock Status can be applied to all variations at once to In stock or Out of stock. Bulk-update under Variations: